“This isn’t meant to be a confession. Not in any spiritual sense of the word. Yes, I’m in jail at the moment. I imagine I’ll be here for a long time, considering. But I’m not writing this down for absolution and I’m not seeking forgiveness, not even from myself. Because I’m not sorry for what I did to Rose. I’m just not. Not for any of it.”
Title: When I Am Through With You
Author: Stephanie Kuehn
Publication: August 1st 2017 by Dutton Books for Young Readers
Source: Publisher in exchange for a honest review
Summary from Goodreads:
Ben Gibson is many things, but he’s not sorry and he’s not a liar. He will tell you exactly about what happened on what started as a simple school camping trip in the mountains. About who lived and who died. About who killed and who had the best of intentions. But he’s going to tell you in his own time. Because after what happened on that mountain, time is the one thing he has plenty of.
A List of Thoughts:
- I totally forgot how good Stephanie Kuehn is at being creepy.
- Book starts off with a high school senior waiting to go on trial for murder… cue the doom music
- The writing is infuriatingly addictive – You want to know what’s happening and why and Ben, the narrator, dangles it all just out of reach until he’s ready to tell you.
- The characters are fantastically deep and multi-dimensional. Each individual has their own story, their own purpose, and their own key role in the narrative as it unfolds.
- When I am Through With You pulls you in and makes you want to know why. You know what happened, but you want the why and the how and the when and ARGGGGH. So wonderful and frustrating.
- This book keeps you on the edge of your seat even though you know the end game… or do you? IT’S SO GREAT, GUYS! I love it when books make me need to know what is going on. That’s evidence of a good story right then and there.
Basically, guys, read the book and strap yourselves in for one wild ride.
Barnes & Noble
One thought on “When I Am Through With You”
This sounds like such a great, creepy, atmospheric story! I’m definitely going to give it a try. Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous review! ❤