The number of stairs between her floor and mine: 82
The number of jobs I’ve done without her: 9
The number of times I’ve “bumped” into her: 7
The number of times that was accidental: 1
Title: You Before Anyone Else
Author: Julie Cross & Mark Perini
Publication: August 2nd 2016 by Sourcebooks Fire
Summary from Goodreads:
Model Finley needs someone to help her shed her “good girl” persona, so she’ll try Eddie on for size.
New York City model Finley is fed up with hearing the same feedback at castings: she needs to take some serious action to wipe the “good girl” stamp from her resume if she wants to launch to stardom.
Enter Eddie Wells. He’s shallow, predictable…and just as lost as Finley feels. Deep down, Finley is drawn to Eddie’s bravado, his intensity. Except Eddie is hiding something. A big something. And when it surfaces, both loving and leaving Finley will become so much harder.
Why I Did Not Like It:
- Cringe worthy characters that made me want to pull my hair out at the roots
- Ridiculous story line that also put my hair (and my sanity) at risk
- The whole plot is based on trying to be something you’re not because you think it’s better than who you actually are – and it never really changed (and I’m not okay with that). Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
- No chemistry. It was worse than watching the Twilight movies.
- A plot twist out of freaken nowhere that just threw a wrench in things for no reason other than to make things difficult. Which sucked. And wasn’t okay.
- Stalkerish tendencies on Eddie’s part. Just, no dude.
The one thing that I actually liked was the cover. Anything beyond that? Nope. Absolutely not.